How To Renew
- This award is RENEWABLE for the duration of an accredited two- or four-year program:
- Student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and continue in their degree program. If a student’s cumulative GPA is below a 2.0, they should still apply for renewal and communicate with their WSF mentor.
- Students who were approved for a scholarship at a two year college (the “C” average criteria) and who have successfully completed two years of full-time enrollment may apply for renewal for two additional years of Bachelor degree support at any one of our approved 4-year colleges.
- Application season begins January 2. Renewal is done online, via the Maine Community Foundation. To renew, provide a letter outlining your previous year of study and current academic program as well as a current transcript through the application portal maintained by MaineCF by the April 1st MCF deadline. MaineCF will authorize continuation of the award based on each student meeting the criteria of the scholarship. FMI: Contact Liz Pickett, MCF Scholarship Funds Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- File an updated FAFSA each year.
- MaineCF will share renewal letters and recipient information with the Worthington Foundation for the purposes of student tracking and mentorship assistance, as well as funding.