- Awards are RENEWABLE for the duration of an accredited degree program:
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater and continue in a program full time. If a student’s cumulative GPA is below a 2.0, they should still apply for renewal and communicate with their WSF mentor.
- Students who received a scholarship at a community college (the “C” average criteria) and have successfully completed two years of full-time enrollment may apply for renewal for two additional years of Bachelor degree support at any one of our participating 4-year colleges.
- Renewal is done online, via the Maine Community Foundation (MCF). Renewal deadline is April 1 of each year. https://www.mainecf.org/find-a-scholarship/scholarship-renewals. Scroll to bottom of page for Worthington link.
- MCF will contact each scholar with explicit directions for renewal which includes:
a. a letter outlining your previous year of study and current academic program
b. a current transcript
- All documents must be uploaded to MCF site no later than April 1 at 12 midnight. MaineCF will authorize continuation of the award based on each student meeting the criteria of the scholarship. FMI: Contact Liz Fickett, MCF Scholarship Funds Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- MaineCF will share this information with WSF.