At the quarterly board meeting of the Worthington Scholarship Foundation (WSF) held in June, a new program of support for Worthington Scholars was approved and announced. Called the “Scholar Overboard” fund, it exists to help WSF scholars through a rough patch – an unexpected car repair, medical expense, etc. These one-time emergency grants can sometimes make the difference between a student’s ability to remain in college, or to leave. We know that sometimes hidden costs and unexpected financial hurdles can derail a promising student without a financial safety net. These one-time “life rings” are considered and granted through one-on-one consultation between Worthington Scholarship staff and our Scholars. If you are a Worthington Scholar and find yourself in this situation, please contact your WSF mentor.
- OPEN HOUSE PLANNED FOR CURRENT OR POTENTIAL WORTHINGTON SCHOLARS JANUARY 10 FROM 10 AM – 5 PM
- Scholar Overboard Emergency Expense fund now available to Worthington Scholars
- WORTHINGTON SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION ADDS TWO NEW STAFF MEMBERS
- Oceanside Seniors Complete 2nd Annual Scholar Day
- Worthington Scholarship Send-off Event